Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Demand Response Class at Edison's CTAC (FCI Employee Testimonial)



I was fortunate enough to be apart of Southern California Edison's Demand Response training today and the information was invaluable. The class instructor, David Wiley, did an excellent job at explaining the basics of Demand Response and even some of the more technical aspects. I was familiar with many of the concepts already, but he did a great job of giving a more complete understanding of the head knowledge I acquired beforehand. I learned interesting facts such as:

-20% of California's energy is imported on hot days
-When energy reserves are low, energy costs are high (sort of a no brainer, but it clicked for me in the class)
-When power plants/generators charge more than $.50 per kWh, this sends a red flag to the government
-Price Response deals with getting paid to not use higher priced energy
-When businesses shift load to off peak times, this allows them to lower their over head cost and in turn provide their customers with lower prices

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what I absorbed today. I even got a free water bottle! I want to thank FCI for sending me to such a great training and applaud Edison for providing an excellent learning experience. I am one happy employee. If you would like to attend an Edison CTAC seminar, visit: sce.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment